ST4 Component CMS
ST4 enables you to manage your content in a media-neutral way and shape it into any digital or physical product you wish.
ST4 makes it possible to separate, reuse and combine pictures, illustrations and single chapters and then output them in Word, PDF, HTML, InDesign, Framemaker or ePUB format. Create structures from internal document components (segment, paragraph, picture, illustration, metadata, etc.) and assemble them for new uses.
With ST4, you achieve an integrated XML workflow without having to afflict XML editors and technical tools or processes on your authors.
- Your authors write and deliver in Word format; ST4 then converts the documents to and from XML in the background
- Your editors manage pictures and biographies of your authors
- Your editors manage revisions with the authors and reviewers
- Your publicity department manages reviews
- Your production department maintains different versions of covers and cover elements and releases approved versions in a variety of formats
- All of your employees find the current version of the content they need in the right format in a fast, secure, centralized system
- XML component management
- Native XML as the foundation of a media-neutral workflow
- Document management for unstructured documents (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, InDesign, PDF etc.)
- Digital Asset Management system for media objects (pictures, music, videos etc.)
- Metadata for every type of content
- Versioning and modification histories for every type of content, metadata and structure
- Links and reuses for every type of content and on every level as an alternative concept to copy and paste
- A variety of built-in export formats and layout generation
- WYSIWYG content processing with XML editors and Word without needing to download / upload
- Web Access User Interfaces
- Rich client user interfaces (Windows .NET) with Microsoft Word integration for creating and editing content
- Enterprise Application Integration with Web Services or .NET programming
- High-performance and scalable
- Access rights based on roles at the most detailed level