Tailored royalty information for authors, agencies, and publisher’s employees
The browser-based solution Authors Online offers your employees as well as authors and agencies easy-to-access, intuitive information on royalties, advances and subsidiary rights. In addition, you can create and send out e-statements (electronic royalty statements).
Authors Online runs on Klopotek STREAM, a cloud-centric platform for optimised user interaction on desktop computers and mobile devices. It is the ideal web app for everyone in publishing who needs direct and fast access to key information (at the office or while travelling, using a smartphone or a tablet), including options for drilling down to view important details, such as distribution channels, areas and royalties rules as well as subsidiary rights earnings and shares.
For cooperating with authors …
With Authors Online you are offering your authors an important, additional benefit: more transparency and more detailed royalty information – including a comprehensive history.
The data which they can potentially view include:
- Advance payments
- Revenues sorted by type and period
- Royalties sorted by market
- Royalties sorted by version
- Subsidiary rights revenues sorted by type and period
- View and download royalty statements
Authors Online can be integrated in an electronic document creation and dispatch workflow, so that e-statements can be safely viewed in the app. Sending out e-statements instead of printed statements saves time, decreases your costs (paper, printing, postage) and is environmentally friendly (resource conservation).
For cooperating with agencies …
Authors Online makes it easier to provide agents with comprehensive information, giving you a competitive edge in rights acquisitions, because agents can quickly and easily access all the information related to their authors.
For your employees …
You can employ Authors Online in the back office as a fast, easy-to-use reporting tool for royalties – either for the royalties department itself, which can access Authors Online directly from contracts in Klopotek PPM (Product Planning and Management system), or for other employees who simply want to get a quick overview of particular authors or titles.
Decision-making processes in your publishing house will be streamlined, because management can evaluate the success of an author – retrospectively or prospectively – at any time without having to request details from the accounting or royalties departments.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Web-based app with display and search options as well as the distribution of e-statements
- Fast and easy access for authors, agencies, and publisher’s employees
- Detailed overview of royalties, advance payments and subsidiary rights (options for drilling down)
- Shorter lines of communication, reduced workload in the royalties and accounting departments
- Better author relationships as a result of constant and immediate access to current and historical information