Handle order and controlling of vendors with ease
Suppliers Online supports an important organizational part of the production process of publishers: the order and controlling processes of vendor services. This browser-based App is directly connected with the Supplier Orders module of the Klopotek Classic Line and offers a selection of key features that guide the order placement workflow – cloud-based and on any type of device.
Suppliers Online runs on STREAM, Klopotek’s cloud-based technology platform for optimized user interaction on any type of device.
The application provides publishers and vendors with an overview of placed orders, the statuses, the time schedule and all communication activity. It allows both parties to manage and adjust the orders directly in the system as the order is being processed, keeping all users informed at all times. It enables users to quickly adjust information in a smooth and intuitive way – such as scales (uploading new price lists) – and supports the planning activities of production managers by showing if a vendor is available for a new project. Vendors can use the tool to check production tasks with target dates by means of an interactive, configurable dashboard.
This control panel provides clear, up-to-date information:
- Have new orders been placed?
- Which tasks are in process?
- Which ones have been completed and signed off by the publisher?
Users of Suppliers Online at publishers will find the purchase ordering process simplified through the use of automatic order placings for specific vendors based on the metadata of the Production system.
Notifications when an order has been placed or adjusted help keeping publishers and vendors up to date in their projects. There is also a chat window for direct communication between the publisher and the supplier as well as for placing and accepting orders. This messenger service can highlight changes in the status of orders and stores all messages that have been sent. With an inherent approval workflow, the authorization process is guaranteed: the vendor must approve or refuse orders assigned to them.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Supports publishers in their order and controlling processes of vendor services
- Provides publishers with a fast and reliable overview of orders placed for several suppliers, their statuses and the time planning, resulting in maximum transparency
- Enables production staff to work efficiently and reduce costs by utilizing electronic data transfer
- Simplifies communication between suppliers and publisher
- Allows suppliers to check production tasks with target dates
- Authorization process is guaranteed by inherent approval workflow